Hummus is a staple in our house, and while we enjoy it with chips sometimes, veggies are our favorite, which makes these Cucumber Hummus Bites perfect! I was inspired to spice up one of our go-to snacks when I saw a mini hummus phyllo bite recipe. This is just a simpler version, and because you’re removing the phyllo, it’s all real food, as well as gluten-free.
We loved them, and these are very modifiable. You can change the veggie(s), spice(s), and herb(s) you use, so have fun with them. This appetizer and/or snack is easy and pretty, but it’s also quick and healthy! I’m certain our next batch of hummus will land on some cucumber slices, along with a few things to spice it up. Scrumptious!
- Real Food
- Cutting Board & Knife
- Spoon (to spoon hummus on cucumbers)
- More equipment if making homemade hummus
These are a great healthy bite-site appetizer.
- 1 English cucumber, ¼” slices
- 1 cup clean hummus (Paul’s Hell Yeah Hummus1) – more or less if desired
- 10–20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise (one half for each slice)
- Fresh parsley leaves, whole or chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes, sprinkled on top of hummus
- Paprika, sprinkled on top of hummus
- Fresh dill or dried dill in place of paprika
- Sweet or roasted peppers in place of tomatoes
- Slice cucumbers
- Spoon hummus onto each slice and spread evenly
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and paprika (dried dill if you’re using it)
- Place one halved tomato in the center of each cucumber slice (it will stick perfectly in the hummus)
- Place parsley leaves on each cucumber slice (fresh dill if you’re using it)
1Paul’s Hell Yeah Hummus
- 15 oz can chickpeas, boil for 5 minutes to soften, then strain and save the juice for desired thickness. (slotted spoon works great)
- Juice of 1 lemon, small to medium size
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the chickpea juice a little at a time until you reach your desired texture, thick vs. creamy.
- Enjoy warm or allow to cool!
The prep time will be longer if you’re making homemade hummus.
- Cuisine: Real Food, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan