Yummy, hearty, nutritious, and easy!
- 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 cup rinsed lentils (I used brown)
- 4 to 8 handfuls of roughly chopped kale
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz can coconut milk (full or light)
- 3 or 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (if you use low-sodium broth)
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oil over medium heat before adding onions and carrots. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds being sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add lentils, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry powder, and pink salt. Cover, stir occasionally, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are soft (simmer to a soft boil).
- Turn off heat. Throw in kale and add lime juice. Stir and allow kale to soften (5-7 minutes).
- Season with additional pink salt if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern (Real Food, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan)
Keywords: Curry Kale & Lentil Soup