This Italian Style Vinaigrette isn’t your typical Italian dressing; it has it’s own special taste and is full of only real ingredients. We made it for Paul’s Summer Spaghetti Salad, and because we liked it and it’s part of the recipe, we’re sharing it. Paul used to make his spaghetti salad with store-bought dressing, so we had fun making our own. This recipe was a bit of an accident, so if you don’t have all the ingredients, have fun making your own version. We would love to see what you create, so feel free to share it!
SELECTING THE EQUIPMENT:
- Measuring Cup & Spoons
- Mason Jar (to shake) OR
- Small bowl (to whisk)
- Ninja or blender (optional)
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS:
- If you don’t have an ingredient that’s listed below, feel free to improv. I’m sure it will taste great.
- If you don’t like it sweet, leave out the honey.
- If you want it less vinegary, use less vinegar, or feel free to substitute with another kind.
- It made a big difference once I added the Dijon mustard.
- ½ Cup avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon local honey (or pure maple)
- 2 garlic cloves, minces (1 tsp organic minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 Fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- Shake all the ingredients together.*
- Store in an airtight container.
*Note: The spices will fall to the bottom, even if you use a Ninja or blender, which we did. If you’re using as salad dressing, be sure to shake and use immediately. We used the entire recipe in Paul’s Summer Spaghetti Salad , so this was a nonissue.
HAPPY & HEALTH