It’s been a bit since I’ve been on here, so thanks for sticking around. I’m hoping you get as excited about this salad as I am! I’m getting ready to travel for the next 10 days, so this was my last meal at home. While I won’t be preparing good food while I’m away, I’m hoping to eat lots of it. Even though I won’t be in my kitchen slicing and dicing, I still have some fun stuff to share.
This Thai Quinoa Salad is fresh, easy, quick, tasty, and made with real food! I keep most of the ingredients on hand, so it’s also convenient and doesn’t break the bank – Real Food for Real People!!! I love it and hope you do too.
SELECTING THE EQUIPMENT:
- Sauce pan (for quinoa)
- Large mixing bowl (for salad)
- Small mixing bowl (for dressing)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1” in length)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup packed kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook quinoa according to directions, then set aside and allow to cool.
- While the quinoa cools, prep veggies and toast and chop cashews.
- Prepare dressing in a small mixing bowl by combining all ingredients and whisking together with a fork or a whisk.
- Once the quinoa cools, combine quinoa, veggies, cashews, and dressing. Toss thoroughly and chill for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!