When thinking of easy and fun treats that suit the season, these seemed to fit the bill. These Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fudge squares are simple, extremely easy, fast, and yummy – that’s if you like pumpkin.
I made this for an open house, and as I was making it and deciding how to serve it, I realized the squares would be quite difficult to transport once they were cut due to the consistency. Therefore, I kept all the loaf pans frozen until leaving the house. Once I arrived, I cut the pumpkin pie sheets into mini squares. Then, I placed the mini squares into gold mini-muffin paper liners, which worked well.
We loved these and will definitely make them again. Although, making them for an open house wasn’t ideal. The squares that sat too long got a little mushy. Because of the consistency I recommend eating them as soon as they come out of the freezer. A friend tossed a few frozen pieces into a protein shake to give it a little holiday pizzazz and said it tasted fabulous! I’m excited to try it!!!
This recipe couldn’t be any easier, and it has inspired me to try some similar recipes.
IN OUR KITCHEN
- LOAF PANS. We used two different sized pans. You may decide you like your Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fudge squares thicker or thinner.
- FUDGE THICKNESS. If you want a thicker consistency, make sure your 1/2 cup almond butter is on the heaping side. You will also want your coconut oil on the lesser side of a 1/3 cup.
- NUT BUTTER. Speaking of thickness, you can use any nut butter you like, or a clean peanut butter for that matter, just make sure it’s thick. Avoid PB if you want paleo friendly.
- SWEETNESS. If you would like yours a little sweeter, you can add a little extra maple.
- SMOOTH EDGES. You’re going to line the loaf pan with parchment paper, and since loaf pans are small, you’ll want to be neat with the paper. That’s so you don’t have to cut too much fudge off the edges in order to make squares.
- SERVE COLD. Again, I would keep these in the freezer until ready to eat and/or serve.
This Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fudge is:
- Real Food
- Paleo Friendly
- Loaf Pan
- Large Food Processor
- Measuring Cup & Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- Knife to Cut Fudge
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
If you’re a pumpkin fan, you’ll enjoy these gooey squares of goodness. They’re the perfect holiday treat.
- 30 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients in food processor and process until mixture is smooth. You will want to use a spatula to scrape the sides to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Spread mixture evenly into the paper lined loaf pan.
- Freeze mixture for 4 hours.
- Remove, cut, and enjoy!
These are best stored in the freezer until ready to be served.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Thanksgiving (Real Food, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo Friendly)